Easy Meal for Two
Pizza Margherita Crostini
* Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing, plus 1/4 cup
* 1/2 baguette, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices
* Salt and coarsely ground pepper (to taste)
* 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
* 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
* 3 whole cloves garlic
* 3/4 lb. fresh mozzarella
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil and place the baguette slices on the sheet in a single layer. Brush the tops with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Core, seed and dice the tomatoes and dice the mozzarella
- In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, mozzarella, half of the basil the 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Rub the toasted crostini with the whole garlic (both sides if you are a garlic fan). Top each crostini with the tomato & mozz mixture, place back on baking sheet.
- Once every crostini has been made, Put baking sheet back into oven for 5 minutes until tomatoes get slightly wilted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle each with a pinch of the remaining basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Penne Pasta with Chicken & Prosciutto Cream Sauce
* 120 grams of Penne
* 1/2 cup chicken breast, diced
* 2 slices of Prosciutto, diced
* ¼ cup frozen baby peas
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
* 1 cup cream
* 1/3 cup white wine
* 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
* Salt & Pepper
- Fill large stock pot with cold water, boil, add salt then pasta.
- Heat a sautee pan or medium pot on high heat. Once hot, add olive oil and shallots, reduce heat to medium. Sweat the shallots and watch as they turn golden. Immediately add white wine and simmer so that alcohol burns off.
- Add the prosciutto and cream to the wine and reduce ¼ of amount.
- Turn up the heat and add diced chicken, cook a few minutes, then add the peas. Taste sauce and add salt and pepper to sauce if needed.
- Check pasta- one minute from ready, strain and add to cream sauce. Finish cooking together. Divide pasta into two low bowls. Sprinkle with Parmigiano and garnish each dish with parsley.